Supporting instructional development and best practices since 2007.
Since its inception, our centre has focused on developing expertise and college-wide best practices in teaching, learning, and research.
Development History and Milestones:
- 2019: "Online Developers" (ODevs) were added to support eLearning course development.
- 2018: Hired our Manager, Online Learning Strategy and Design, and won VCC Excellence Award for Service.
- 2018: Completed a self study; renamed to The Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Research (CTLR).
- 2017: Distributed Learning Support team renamed to eLearning Support.
- 2015 - 2017: Increased F/T Instructional Associates; supported college-wide workshops on open ed resources, research, institutional learning outcomes, and educational technology (at VCC and across BC via ETUG).
- 2013: Improved Moodle support with an online ticketing system and knowledgebase.
- 2012: Supported development of VCC college policies and new CD processes.
- 2011: Improved the study of teaching & learning by developing research and ethical conduct policies per TCPS-2; hired Moodle Media Developer to help faculty publish online course material.
- 2010: Enhanced Instructional Development: workshops for New Faculty, Proposal Writing, Program Review; opened our office at Bwy campus.
- 2009: Standardized forms and processes for Curriculum Development; Moodle Support enhanced with F/T Distributed Learning Support Technician.
- 2009: Opened office at the VCC Downtown campus.
- 2008: Standardized college-wide processes for Program Renewal.
- 2007: Began supporting the Moodle LMS and ed- tech methodologies (documentation, course templates, QA models, online design best practices).
- 2007: The Centre for Instructional Development (CID) was established at VCC in November of 2007.
CID Annual Activity Reports
Integrated College Plan
CTLR's mission supports the Vancouver Community College Integrated College Plan (2018-2019).