Curriculum Development at VCC
Support with Curriculum Development
The CTLR provides support to departments, programs, and faculty in the design, development, and revision of programs and courses. An Instructional Associate (IA) can also guide you through the governance approval process as outlined in the Curriculum Development and Approval Process Policy. Please contact email@example.com.
Curriculum Development Policies
The policies and procedures support and guide curriculum development at VCC:
- Policy C.3.14 Curriculum Development and Approval
- Policy C.1.4 Assignment of Credits to Courses
- Policy C.1.3 Granting of Credentials Procedures
- Policy C.3.1 Program Advisory Committees
- Policy C.3.2 Program Review and Renewal
- Policy C.3.10 Affiliation Agreements
- Policy D.3.6 Admissions
- Policy D.3.6.1 Flexible Admissions
Curriculum Development Governance and Planning
The process for governance approval is determined by the type of curriculum development:
- Refer to the Curriculum Approval Time Frame for exact submission dates.
Submissions received past the required due date may be deferred to the following month.
For questions regarding the curriculum approval time frame contact Carlie Deans: firstname.lastname@example.org; ext. 7023
- New Program Implementation Plan, Aug. 20/18 is completed during the development of the curriculum for a new program, and contains guiding questions to help identify elements required for successful implementation.
- Appendix - Program Implementation Plan, Jan. 09/18 guides you on additional information required by specific areas of the college.
The CTLR provides development template documents as tools to help curriculum developers and Department Leaders draft the information required for the development of new curriculum, and the revision of existing curriculum.
- Program Level Template (Word .docx)
- Course Level Template (Word .docx)
- Concept Paper Template (Word .docx)
Once your templates are ready, you can move ahead to create your CD documents in VCC's CourseLeaf system.