Live Classes Using Zoom
Before you start using Zoom, visit https://vcc.zoom.com and configure your account.
Use your current VCC email address and password for access.
Classroom Agreement and Recording Disclaimer
Privacy & Security Tips
- Avoid sharing links to Zoom conferences/meetings publicly.
- Leave the default Password settings in place.
- Use a waiting room. This feature lets a meeting administrator screen who can enter the call, preventing uninvited guests from taking over.
These links will help you get started using Zoom for online course delivery:
- Breakout Rooms (also, KB1141 - Recording and Zoom Breakout Rooms)
- Classic Whiteboard (in-meeting)
- Learning Zoom Course (LinkedIn Learning)
- New Zoom Whiteboard - adding an asynchronous Zoom whiteboard to an online course
- Non-verbal Feedback
- Scheduling meetings
- Sharing a Screen
- Transcription of meetings
- Zoom Help Center
- Zoom Quick Tips (VCC IT)
Tips and tricks for live classes online
- VCC Zoom Faculty Discussion Forum
An online watering hole to share Zoom tips with your VCC colleagues.
- Tips & Tricks: Teachers Educating on Zoom
Helpful Zoom tips aimed at online educators, from Zoom Corp.
- Leading Successful Virtual Classroom Sessions
Best practice tips on managing your virtual classroom, from the folks at Brightspace (with research sources).
- Stepping Up Your Webcam Video Presence (LinkedIn Learning, video, 45 mins)
This excellent LinkedIn Learning course shows you quick and effective ways to improve framing, lighting, audio, and performance to make your Zoom meetings or instructional screenshares better-looking and more engaging.
Zoom also offers free daily interactive live webinars that last about 45 minutes.
Sign up for a free Zoom webinar.