Delivering Live Classes Online
Before you start using Zoom, visit https://vcc.zoom.com/ and configure your account. Use your current VCC email address and password for access.
Privacy & Security
- Avoid sharing links to Zoom conferences/meetings publicly.
- Leave the default Password settings in place.
- Use a waiting rooms. This feature lets a meeting administrator screen who can enter the call, preventing uninvited guests from taking over.
The following links will help you to get started using Zoom for online course delivery
- Zoom Quick Tips from VCC IT
- Scheduling meetings
- Breakout Rooms
- Non-verbal Feedback
- Sharing a Screen
- Transcription of meetings
- Zoom Help Center
- LinkedIn Learning Zoom Course
Tips and tricks for live classes online
- VCC Zoom Faculty Discussion Forum
- Tips & Tricks: Teachers Educating on Zoom
- Leading Successful Virtual Classroom Sessions
Zoom also offers free daily interactive live webinars that last about 45 minutes. Sign up here.