AI Tools and Instructional Design
With the advent of ChatGPT, Dall-E, and other open source AI tools, both students and instructors are exploring a changing landscape with respect to education.
Here are some key resources to consider how you might use these tools as an instructor, how your students might use them, how to adapt assessments, and some important considerations.
- VCC’s institutional response to ChatGPT (PDF)
- VCC: ChatGPT/AI in Teaching – What do I do? (PDF)
- Types of Prompts – UBC Promptathon 2023
- AI Citation guide and resources (VCC Library)
- AI Information for Students (KPU)
- BCIT: An Introduction to Generative AI Tools (PDF)
- Dr. Sarah Eaton’s KeyNote on Academic Integrity and AI (Video, 1:04:50)
(VCC Teaching, Learning, and Research Symposium 2023)
- University of Calgary: Teaching and Learning with Artificial Intelligence Apps (PDF)
- University of Calgary: A First Response to Assessment and ChatGPT in your Courses