Supporting instructional development and best practices since 2007.
Since its inception, our centre has focused on developing expertise and college-wide best practices in a variety of areas.
Here are some milestones:
- 2007: The Centre for Instructional Development (CID) was established at VCC in November of 2007.
- 2007: CID began supporting the Moodle LMS and other educational technologies (documentation, course templates, QA models, and best practices in online design).
- 2008: Standardized college-wide processes for Program Renewal.
- 2009: CID established its office at the VCC Downtown campus.
- 2009: Standardized forms and processes for Curriculum Development. Moodle Support was enhanced by a full-time Distributed Learning Support Technician.
- 2010: Enhanced Instructional Development with workshops for New Faculty Orientation, Proposal Writing, and Program Review.
- 2011: Improved the Study of Teaching & Learning by developing research and ethical conduct policies aligning with TCPS-2. The Centre also hired a Moodle Media Developer to help faculty publish course material in Moodle.
- 2012: Supported development of College policies and new CD processes.
- 2013: CID began managing VCC's Moodle support using an online ticketing system and knowledgebase.
- 2015 - 2017: CID increased its number of full-time Instructional Associates, and supported college-wide workshops and conferences related to open educational resources, research, institutional learning outcomes, and educational technology (within VCC and across the province via ETUG).
- 2017: The "Distributed Learning Support" team changed its name to "eLearning Support".
- 2018: The centre changed its name to "The Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Research (CTLR)".
CID Annual Activity Reports
Integrated College Plan
CTLR's mission supports the Vancouver Community College Integrated College Plan (2018-2019).